New York part 1

NEW YORK, I LOVE YOU.



New York City! (in country accent) lol. So we just got back from New York and had an AMAZING experience, one I will never forget. New York is a beautiful city with beautiful people, if you've been there you know what I'm talking about. I've been telling everyone "You need to go, like now!" lol. I can say after being there one day I knew this is where I should've been living my whole life. The fast pace, the honks from cab drivers, the street vendors, the musicians in the parks, I loved it all. People are definitely more carefree and willing to take chances in what they wear, it inspired me to take more risks with my own style. What also inspired me more so now then ever is to continue towards my dream, whether it means living in New York, Houston, or San Diego, that I can be successful no matter where I'm living. But New York does have this energy that over takes you and you never want to leave. I'm planning right now on how to get back : )
- Jasmine


Empire State of Mind:

I visited New York City for the first time in 2000, and I got to do all the 'fun' touristy stuff like go inside the Statue of Liberty and I even saw the back of Aaliyah in Times Square at the MTV Studios, but nothing compares to turning 23 in the middle of Times Square having a couple of close friends and family AND some Russian/Czech tourists sing 'Happy Birthday' to me. Not to mention that it was the start of NY Fashion Week and on September 10th (my birthday), the first annual Fashion's Night Out. Even though we weren't able to volunteer or attend any shows (due to scheduling conflicts- haha), just being in the city was an experience that I will never forget.

Sometimes the fashion world can seem inaccessible and closed off and fake, and being in NYC and seeing the tastemakers and models and editors in person let me know that this is something that is living and breathing and it is something I could totally make my career in. NYC just reinvogorated my love for fashion and started my obsession with NYC! I've already saved up money to go back in February!
-Vanessa





Best Moment on the Trip: JASON WU!!!!!!!!!!

Credit: Deanna Mendoza/ SevenThirteen Photography

American designer Jason Wu! (aka the man that designed Michelle Obama's white inauguration gown!) Jasmine spotted him and was like "he's someone -- he's a designer" and then when we finally crossed paths, I said "Mr. Wu?" and then he turned, and I was like "CAN WE GET A PICTURE WITH YOU?!!" He was nice even though he was in a rush! Thanks Mr. Wu!

Meeting Jason Wu was pretty amazing and kind of surreal. While we were in New York, we met Jason Wu, Lupe Fiasco, and Vanessa met the entire cast of In The Heights after their show and that was just in a week! Imagine if we lived there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment