Accessory!

You can ask Jasmine, I used to not be on top of my accessory game. That changed when I saw what Jasmine (who was my roommate at the time) came to the dorm complete with her accessories container which was separated into three different compartments; necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. As our friendship got tighter, Jasmine influenced me more with her jewelry choices. I used to just have my basic large silver/gold hoops, and maybe a ring and a silver chain necklace with a jade charm. But as I saw how inventive she was with her necklaces, and what kind of interesting pieces she would add to her outfits, I began to see the joy in wearing accessories. They truly do finish an outfit. I found myself actually borrowing some of Jasmine's necklaces and bracelets.

So thank you Jasmine, for helping me accessorize. (That's probably the first and last time I will ever say that!) I now regularly look at jewelry trends, and I love earrings and necklaces. I still haven't fully converted to bracelets, but I think I have time. While perusing the interwebs (lol!), I found two awesome jewelry lines that are sure to probably be copied by Target in the coming years.

Sunday's Best

First of all, I love the name. It evokes getting all spiffy for church or somewhere else special. For me, it specifically takes me back to any Christmas Eve where my sisters and I would get new dresses and our mom would let us borrow (never have!) some of her most cherished jewelry pieces to wear just for Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve. The ladies of Sunday's Best come from very different backgrounds, but the pieces in their collection reflect a pared down elegance that is easy for ANYONE to wear. My favorites are the Friendship Knot Necklace in oxidized silver, the Woven Friendship Bracelets, and the Corset Necklace (in every color please!) You can find more of their amazingly beautiful collection at www.sundaysbestjewelry.com


Karen Walker Jewellery

You know when you see someone with a jewelry piece, and you think, 'oooooh, that's purrrttyy. I wonder where they got it from!'? That's what Karen Walker Jewellery makes me do. It is so fun and beautifully constructed, that you pretty much want every single piece. The jewelry pieces are playful yet elegant, which is something that I look for. The jewlery is classic, but there are modern touches to it, such as the Robot Boy Pendant with Rhodolite Garnet. Other standouts include the Chequerboard Blue Topaz Cocktail Ring, and the Pinocchio Head Pendant (so cute!). The prices are pretty affordable for such cute and classic jewlery. I'm sure that when people see you with these pieces, they are going to be drooling at the mouth. Just make sure that when you see them do that, you politely tell them that Karen Walker Jewellery is where you got your jewelry. www.karenwalkerjewellery.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment